Most of us have heard of prostatitis, but not everyone knows what the word means. Prostatitis is an inflammatory disease of the prostate gland in men. The prostate gland is a purely male organ, therefore, prostatitis is a purely male pathology. It should be noted that it is one of the most common among men in the field of urology.
The prostate gland is located below the bladder. This organ is responsible for the normal functioning of the male and reproductive organs. It also controls the level of hormones in the blood such as steroid hormones, androgens and estrogens.
For various reasons, an inflamed prostate leads to a reduced quality of life in men. Let's try to find out what causes the disease and what are its symptoms.
Signs and symptoms of prostatitis
Symptoms of an enlarged prostate in men depend on the severity of the inflammation. Usually, there are 3 stages.
- Feeling of pain in the lower abdomen. Frequent urination, burning sensation when urinating. Disorders affecting the genitals (weak erection, painful ejaculation, premature ejaculation during sexual intercourse, man's inability to achieve orgasm).
- Exacerbation of the disease (acute prostatitis). This disease is characterized by high fever, weakness, pain when urinating, burning and chills, and prolonged urinary retention.
- The chronic form is characterized by an asymptomatic episode or mild symptoms. The danger of such an episode is that it can be aggravated at any time under the influence of certain reasons.
What causes prostatitis, and what causes the development of the disease? Try to find it.
Representatives of medicine identify the following common causes of prostate disease in men:
- weakened immunity;
- hypothermia of the legs and whole body;
- venereal diseases. The glans penis discharges pus, painful wounds appear, has an unpleasant odor;
- bacterial infections of all kinds;
- stressful situations, nervous tension.
Alternatively, tight, uncomfortable pants may be to blame. Sedentary, sedentary.
Also among the reasons:
- bad habits (use of alcohol, tobacco);
- unbalanced diet;
- irregular sex life.
Alcohol and tobacco are thought to reduce the body's overall resistance to disease. An aggravating factor is poor nutrition with vitamins and minerals.
These are just the main reasons. Some doctors think that in some cases, the cause of prostatitis lies deep in the genetics.
Prostatitis has several classifications. Doctors divide it according to the cause of its appearance, the nature and development of the disease, and the duration and concentration of the disease. Let's explore it in more detail.
The danger of this disease is that inflammation affects not only the prostate gland, but also nearby organs (bladder, rectum).
The main cause is a weakened immune system of the body, which can lead to:
- diseases (AIDS, tuberculosis, diabetes and others);
- stressful situations,
- heavy physical activity;
- bad habits, drug addiction.
During the decline of the body's defenses, it is not able to fight many viruses. The following viruses can cause inflammation of the gland:
- Herpes virus causes disease. In the early stages, the patient has a high fever, headache, and weakness. Itchy rashes appear on the body. Infectious prostatitis occurs.
- Virus cell death. When sick, the patient's body temperature rises, signs appear in the form of nausea and vomiting. Pain in the head and joints. Problems and weaknesses. As a result, prostatitis occurs.
- Influenza viruses can also cause prostatitis. Symptoms include high fever, chills, and weakness.
Important!Sometimes it is difficult to recognize infectious prostatitis, at first the general signs of the disease appear, only after a while local signs of prostatitis appear.
The symptoms of bacterial prostatitis are easy to spot, we've already written about them. This type is divided into acute and chronic bacterial prostatitis. It is caused by bacteria of several types. Including:
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa;
- chlamydia and trichomoniasis;
- mycoplasma bacteria.
The infection enters the body in the following way:
- Through the urethra. This can happen during promiscuous intercourse, as well as in cases of inadequate personal hygiene.
- Blood sugar. The infection enters the prostate gland with contaminated blood. This happens in diseases such as tonsillitis, pneumonia and others.
- By the lymphatic route. The bacteria enter the gland through the lymph. This happens in diseases such as tuberculosis, syphilis, diabetes.
Symptoms of bacterial prostatitis can be divided into general and local.
- feeling weak, sleepy, irritable;
- increase in temperature indicators;
- muscle and joint pain.
- lower abdominal pain;
- difficulty urinating, pain, burning;
- pain during erection, ejaculation;
- Male weakness, lack of pleasure.
The reasons for this type of disease are:
- lack of regular sex life;
- insufficient emptying of the seminal vesicles (this often happens due to masturbation);
- interrupted intercourse;
- sedentary lifestyle, sedentary at work.
Interesting to know!The development of congestive prostatitis can lead to not only sexual activity but also excessive sex. This leads to a concept as sexual exhaustion.
The feature of this disease that many men do not know is due to the dysfunction of the prostate gland. Symptoms of congestive prostatitis appear gradually.
- decline in the quality of sex life;
- urinary disorders;
- Pain and burning sensation when urinating and defecating.
In case of untimely treatment, complications can arise in the form of an increase in temperature, not urinating for a long time, feeling weak and uncomfortable. Prostatitis becomes a chronic form, the treatment will be much more difficult and longer.
Many men do not pay much attention to the symptoms of prostatitis in the early stages. These are painful sensations that do not manifest in the bladder area, often wanting to go to the bathroom. Violation of normal ejaculation and erection is associated with stronger sexual intercourse with age, and do not rush to see a doctor. Such a frivolous attitude leads to the development of symptoms of chronic prostatitis.
The symptoms of the chronic stage of the disease are similar to those of other diseases, however, they manifest themselves less clearly.
The danger is that chronic prostatitis often leads to cystitis, pyelonephritis. Often the inflammation spreads to the testicles and epididymis. This can lead to loss of masculinity and infertility.
Important!To diagnose the disease, you need to see a urologist. With the help of tests, the doctor establishes the diagnosis and prescribes a course of drug therapy.
Acute prostatitis is an inflammatory process of the prostate gland, accompanied by acute, pronounced symptoms. Symptoms of acute inflammation:
- sharp rise in temperature;
- irritability and irritability;
- muscle and joint pain;
- pain in the lower abdomen and in the rectal area.
Seeking help promptly when these symptoms appear is very important. Slowing down can trigger the transition to the chronic form.
Acute prostatitis has several types:
- ovarian follicles;
- getting an infection while having sex with an infected partner;
- the presence of a catheter in the urethra;
- surgical intervention in the urethra;
- stones and sand in the kidney.
Prostatitis should not be underestimated, if not properly treated, very uncomfortable complications can occur, which can lead to complete loss of manhood and infertility.
There are also less common types of prostatitis. Including:
- No symptoms.
Treatment at home
Whether this disease can be treated at home is a matter of controversy. Many men believe that certain home remedies (hot baths, diet, drinking chamomile tea) will relieve the disease. This idea is not only wrong, but also extremely dangerous.
Seeing a qualified specialist is the first thing to do if you notice signs such as difficulty urinating, pain and cramping in the lower abdomen, weakening of the erection.
Important!Visiting a urologist in the early stages of the disease is certainly the key to a quick and successful recovery.
Of course, it is possible and necessary to be treated with folk remedies at home. However, these methods should be discussed with your doctor and should only be an adjunct to medication.
Among the formulations for alternative treatment, they use funds from natural products that have been collected over the years. Sometimes they give great results.
There are many recipes in traditional medicine. They are primarily aimed at relieving pain, reducing inflammation, and fighting germs. Let's take a look at a few of them.
The flowers of this plant are widely used as an antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic. To reduce inflammation in prostate diseases, people use decoctions and baths of chamomile.
- For the decoction form, pour a spoonful of medicine with a cup of boiling water, leave for 2-3 hours, drink before meals 3 times a day.
- Bathtubs can be made both sit-down and communal. To make, you pour 3-4 tablespoons of traditional medicine with a liter of boiling water, bring to a boil, turn off the heat and let infuse for 2-3 hours. Then filter and add to the water while bathing.
Honey and nuts
Nuts are rich in vitamins and iron. Even our ancient ancestors recognized the miraculous power to increase male potency. For this recipe, you need to take walnuts. Any honey can be used.
- To make the medicine, take 8-10 large nuts, cut them into small pieces and pass them through a meat grinder or blender.
- For more crunchy nuts, you can dry them with a pan. Mix the resulting mixture with a glass of honey. You need to take this medicine in the morning at a dose of 2-3 teaspoons.
Conifers have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties. They relieve pain symptoms, soothe perfectly. Pine leaves are used for treatment. It is added to the bathroom. You can use raw materials from the pharmacy, as well as collect them yourself. The decoction from the branches is poured into the bathroom with water not higher than 38 degrees. Shared bathrooms and sitting baths are available.
This natural product contains a lot of useful trace elements and vitamins. The recipe is simple - eat 30 seeds per day during treatment and prevention.
Treatment with chestnuts
For this recipe, use chestnut shells. Pour boiling water in, bring to a boil, drink like tea. You can add sugar or honey to taste.
Propolis is famous for its antiseptic and pain-relieving effects. Dilute a few drops of tincture in a glass of warm boiled water, drink 2-3 times a day before eating.
Remember!Allergic reactions can occur with any product, pay attention to how you feel when using folk remedies.
Prostatitis medicine prescribed by a specialist. Self-medication is highly undesirable and unacceptable. The main classes of drugs include:
- Antibiotics are applied in the form of tablets, capsules, suppositories, syrups and others.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Antispasmodics and pain relievers.
- Preparations to strengthen immunity.
- Anti-stress medication.
All drugs are selected taking into account the individual characteristics, type and course of the disease.
As a precaution, doctors recommend performing prostate massage at home and the following exercises.
Attention!Never use water that is too cool. This will only aggravate the course of the disease.
Exercise for the prostate
- Absolutely not a difficult exercise both to treat and prevent disease. It involves contracting and relaxing the muscles of the anus. These muscles are responsible for restricting the flow of urine. Try contracting and separating a muscle group. This will increase blood flow to the area of the gland.
- Use a contrast shower to improve circulation. To do this, direct the flow of water to the bottom of the pot. First, 30 seconds of very warm water, then 10 seconds of cooling.
- In the absence of acute symptoms, you can self-massage. This is done to improve blood flow. The exercise is best done lying down. The point to be massaged is the gap between the anus and the scrotum. The pressure should be confident, but not overly aggressive. Time is 3-5 minutes.
Important!Be sure to check with your doctor before exercising. Sometimes their use is unacceptable.
Every man should remember the rules to prevent male diseases. After all, everyone knows that prevention is easier than cure. Preventive measures include:
- balancing diet;
- play sports;
- refuse bad habits;
- timely treatment of infectious and viral diseases;
- discrimination in the choice of sexual partners, protected sex;
- rest and sleep well.
It is very important to see a urologist at the first sign of the disease, even if the alarm is false it will not harm your health. Take responsibility for your health, visit your doctor regularly. Follow these simple rules, stay healthy and happy.