Unfortunately, an increasing number of young men, and sometimes adolescents, are being diagnosed with chronic prostatitis.
It is a consequence of frequent inflammation of the prostate gland and the transformation of the acute process into a chronic latent form.
The disease is characterized by a prolonged development with nonspecific symptoms, often blurred or almost absent. Although it is believed that chronic prostatitis inevitably occurs against the background of the acute phase, in fact this form of the disease is often discovered incidentally during routine examinations.
In the absence of exacerbations and complications, a man may be unaware of his problem for a long time. Therefore, the treatment of chronic prostatitis is often delayed and begins at a late stage, when it is no longer possible to quickly stop the process.
Symptoms and signs of chronic prostatitis in men
The disease may not manifest itself for a long time. Mild pain and some discomfort is not cause for concern. Such signs pass quite quickly and without the intervention of a doctor.
The insidiousness of this disease lies in the fact that when the infection enters the prostate gland, the entire genitourinary system and adjacent tissues participate in this process, which causes additional urinary complications.
Development of pyelonephritis, cystitis, damage to the reproductive system with complications in the form of urethritis, seminal vesitis, infertility, adenomas and cancer.
The symptoms of the disease depend on the nature of the inflammatory process, the duration of the disease, on the degree of damage to nearby organs, on the frequency of sexual intercourse. In addition, a man leading the life (active or passive) also plays an important role.
The reasons that provoke the onset of chronic diseases:
- infections of the genitourinary system and prostate gland (ureaplasmosis, chlamydia, candidiasis, mycoplasmosis, gonococcal and herpesvirus infections);
- violation of blood flow in the small pelvis, which leads to obstruction;
- reduced immunity of various etiologies;
- sedentary and working sedentary, sedentary;
- irregular intimate life, prolonged abstinence, interrupted intercourse without orgasm;
- overwork, injury and damage;
- abuse of alcohol and spicy foods;
- restricted urination and stool disturbances (constipation).
All of these reasons lead to congestion and inflammation. They facilitate the entry of infections, and this can lead to complications, as well as impotence and complete infertility.
Chronic prostatitis is divided into three main types:
- bacteria, in which the infection is found in the secretions of the prostate gland;
- non-bacterial, when there is no pathogenic microflora in the bile;
- insufficiency of the prostate gland, when there are symptoms characteristic of the chronic form of prostatitis, but no pathological changes in the secretion of the prostate gland are found (called chronic pelvic pain syndrome).
Symptoms of chronic prostatitis:
- pain and cramping in the rectum during bowel movements;
- discomfort and sensation of a foreign body in the perineum;
- burning sensation and inability to empty the bladder completely;
- frequent and painful urination;
- decreased sex drive and ability to get an erection;
- mucus discharge from the urethral canal;
- pulling sensation in the sacrum and inguinal region;
- dullness of sensations or their complete absence during orgasm.
There is also an asymptomatic form of the disease. Most often, it does not manifest itself for a long time and is determined by the results of ultrasound, as well as in laboratory studies of the secretion of the prostate gland.
When at least one of the signs appears, a man should consult a doctor and undergo the examinations that he prescribes.
How to cure chronic prostatitis?
Treatment of chronic prostatitis is one of the most difficult tasks faced by modern medicine.
The disease progresses in a latent form and is not always detected at an early stage.
Men go to the doctor when symptoms of an exacerbation are accompanied by complications. Therefore, the treatment depends on the stage of the disease, the degree of bacterial or viral damage and the nature of the pathological process.
In order to completely cure the patient, it is necessary to perform synchronously many different treatment methods. Only this approach can achieve a positive result.
Effective drugs and plans for their use
For the treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis, antibiotics are used that can suppress the pathogenic microflora.
Therefore, antibacterial drugs of groups such as fluoroquinolones, macrolides, tetracyclines, cephalosporins can be prescribed.
In the chronic form of the disease, antibacterial drugs are used for a long time to achieve a good therapeutic effect. The length of hospital admission depends on many factors, the length of treatment needed can vary from 2 to 6 weeks.
In addition, to treat the chronic form of the disease, drugs that improve blood flow, reduce congestion, antispasmodic, and analgesics are needed.
Medications used for the chronic form of the disease include:
- Formulated with extracts of passion fruit, has anti-inflammatory, anti-hormonal, and vascular protection effects. It is used in the treatment of chronic non-bacterial prostatitis and hyperplasia;
- an agent with bovine prostate extract, which improves the condition of the prostate gland and microcirculation, reduces the degree of edema, prevents the formation of thrombus and normalizes the secretory function of cellsepithelium;
- a complex of biologically active products of beekeeping, which have a wound-healing, anti-inflammatory and regenerative effect;
- a cream with a pronounced local irritant and vasodilator effect.
Drug treatment can only be prescribed by a doctor, it is not possible to self-medicate with prostatitis.
Prostate rectal massage
An effective method to cure chronic prostatitis is prostate massage. It can be done in the hospital or even at home.
The most effective way is to massage vertically.A special device is inserted into the urethra, then gentle massage movements are performed.
A similar procedure should be performed by a specialist in static conditions. Rectal massage can be performed independently through the anus using fingers with a full bladder. The prostate gland is in contact with the anterior wall of the rectum and is located 5 cm from the anus.
During the massage, a few drops of prostate secretions are released. It is necessary to pay attention to its color and consistency. Normally, secrets should be transparent. If there is blood or dark impurities there, you need to consult a doctor. Painful sensations, as well as an enlarged prostate, also indicate problems.
Most physicians agree that rectal massage should be performed in an inpatient setting to prevent complications and maximize therapeutic effect.
Gymnastics and physical therapy
Many men find rectal massage unacceptable, despite its effectiveness. For this type of patient, doctors have developed a special set of exercises and physical therapy.
Physiotherapy treatments include:
- laser and magnetic heat therapy;
- hydro acupuncture;
- acupuncture and stimulation of the sacrum and lumbar region;
- a set of Kegel exercises;
- massage with a tennis ball.
Exercises and physiotherapy in each case are selected individually, since there are a number of contraindications, and only a specialist can help prescribe a safe and effective method.
Particular attention in the chronic form of the disease deserves a therapeutic diet.
The principles and goals of the diet are as follows:
- minimize irritating factors so as not to cause further inflammation;
- ensures a normal blood supply and prevents the occurrence of atherosclerosis;
- if possible, reduce the frequency of urination;
- normalizes the work of the gastrointestinal tract;
- enhance immunity.
Products that are limited or completely excluded:
- gas drink;
- smoked meats, butter, as well as fatty meats and saturated broths;
- spicy, sour and salty foods;
- mushrooms, liver, kidney and processed foods;
- gas-producing foods (legumes, cauliflower).
But it is useful to use:
- all kinds of dairy products, especially homemade cheeses, yogurts;
- fresh juices and juices;
- fish and lean meat;
- Beloved husband;
- foods containing zinc (seafood, pumpkin seeds).
The diet should be varied and balanced with nutrients; It is better to consult a nutritionist to choose a diet.
How to cure diseases with folk remedies?
Common treatments for chronic prostatitis have also been shown to be effective. They are distinguished by their simplicity and safety, but nevertheless, any method has its own indications and contraindications, this is due to the individual characteristics of the body and the presence ofconcurrent disease.
In folk medicine, it is widely used:
- the use of fresh juices of carrots, beets, cucumbers, elderberries;
- the use of medicinal baths with pine needle concentrates;
- microneedle and candle with wormwood and other medicinal herbs;
- honey therapy, the use of propolis.
Useful is the use of parsley and pumpkin seeds, which have a stimulating effect on the prostate gland and contain all the trace elements necessary for its normal functioning.
There are many effective alternative methods to get rid of the chronic form of prostatitis, but first you need to consult a doctor.
In the event that drug therapy and other complex conservative treatments do not give the desired result, and at the same time there are negative dynamics of the pathological process, they resort to surgery.Involvement.
Types of surgery for chronic prostatitis:
- Drainage, used for purulent inflammation and abscesses of the prostate gland;
- ablation, which involves removing part of the route. With this option, surgical access is made through an incision or puncture in the abdomen, through the urethra;
- Prostate resectionwhen the gland is completely resected. It is used in extreme cases, mainly for malignant adenomas;
- circle- a rare and not always effective surgical method, including circumcision.
Surgical intervention for chronic prostatitis is an extreme measure, and in order not to bring the disease to such a state, it is necessary to consult a doctor at the first symptoms.
Estimated cost of a course of medication
The treatment of chronic prostatitis is very individual and varied, so many factors affect the price, the cost of treatment can vary widely.
It all depends on the process going on, the length of treatment needed, the medications and procedures used. Therefore, in each case, the price will be individual.
Potential consequences of re-inflammation
Under unfavorable conditions, the inflammatory process can recur. Exacerbations of the disease frequently lead to irreversible changes and serious complications.
Not only pain and discomfort arise, the entire genitourinary and genitourinary systems are affected, potency may be reduced, or complete impotence may occur.
And in advanced forms, prostate hyperplasia develops and results in cancer (adenoma). It must be remembered that prevention is easier than cure, especially in the chronic form.
Prevention or things to do to not get sick
By following preventive measures and recommendations, men can protect themselves from chronic prostatitis or reduce their risk. For this you need:
- live an active lifestyle;
- wear loose and comfortable underwear made of natural fabrics;
- nutritional balance so that the body receives adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals, especially zinc;
- give up bad habits (alcohol and smoking);
- live a regular intimate life;
- do not shower too hot, do sports, exercise, strengthen the immune system;
- avoid stressful situations, if necessary, take sedatives of natural origin (valerian, motherwort, peony).
All men after the age of 20 are recommended to see a urologist on an annual basis.
There are many reviews online regarding the treatment of chronic prostatitis. They touch on traditional and folk methods.
If we analyze the opinions of different people, we get the following picture:
- drug therapy helps a significant number of men;
- massage, physiotherapy and gymnastics relieve painful symptoms;
- self-medication and the use of only folk remedies rarely bring positive results;
- when all options are possible, most people get better.
Treating chronic prostatitis is not an easy task. Difficulties arise due to untimely diagnosis, which occurs due to the patient's own fault, because men are afraid to go to the doctor when encountering such problems.
However, modern methods allow you to completely get rid of this disease, restore health and restore a full-fledged lifestyle.