Physiotherapy (more on physical therapy for prostatitis) improves the effectiveness of drugs, consolidates treatment results, promotes tissue repair and cellular immunity of the prostate gland.In medical facilities, procedures are performed using professional equipment with various operating modes.. . .At home, prostatitis devices can only be used with permission and under the regular supervision of a doctor.
Types of devices and their principles of operation
Types of physical therapy devices used to treat prostatitis:
- Electrical stimulation (causes muscle contractions);
- Vibration stimulation (massage);
The most functional and effective are devices with a combined operating pattern.
What are the types of physiotherapeutic devices, and what is the basis of their action, explains urologist-gynecologist, Associate Professor of Urology.
ContraindicationsHardware physical therapy for prostatitis:
- Individual intolerance. Patients may experience groin pain, a rash, and itchy skin.
- Malignant tumors.
- Active tuberculosis.
- Blood clotting disorder.
- Stones in the prostate gland (prostatitis).
- Presence of foci of inflammation (focal purulent prostatitis).
In acute prostatitis, heating of the gland is unacceptable, therefore, devices that act with heat should not be used.
Electrical stimulation device
Electromyography is performed by acting on the motor nerves with currents of impulses passing between the electrodes. The impulses are similar to those that the body produces on its own to stimulate nerve fibers.Efficacy of treatment of prostatitis:
- Local blood circulation and metabolism are activated;
- The outflow of lymph is improved, venous stagnation is eliminated;
- The regeneration of damaged tissues is stimulated;
- Sensitization of nerve endings is regulated;
- Swelling of the prostate is reduced;
- The pelvic floor muscles are strengthened;
- In the tissues of the prostate gland, the processes of atrophy and sclerosis, caused by chronic inflammation, are inhibited;
- Benign tumors up to 0. 5 cm in diameter ruptured.
When performing the procedure, two important points are the exact location of the electrodes and the amperage.
Prostate stimulation is done in three ways(depending on the attachment provided with the device):
- Through the urethra. One catheter electrode (abdominal electrode) is inserted into the urethra, the other electrode (a copper plate with a hydrophilic lining) is placed over the coccyx.
- Online. A thin tap electrode is inserted into the rectum, and a second electrode is placed over the pubic area. This method is the most effective and comfortable.
- Through the perineal skin. Electrodes are placed between the anus and the scrotum.
This procedure is done when you lie on your side or on your back with your legs in. The sensation of electrical stimulation is unpleasant, but tolerable. The current intensity is selected individually on the device. The duration of the procedure is from 7 to 17 minutes. Usually 10-15 sessions are prescribed.
In terms of effectiveness, 86% of patients after the course of treatment, the pain in the prostate gland is markedly reduced, urination is normal and erection is improved.. . . Procedures are indispensable for the treatment of chronic prostatitis caused by a stagnant process and accompanied by a weakening of the muscles of the gland.
Do you stay in shape by exercising regularly?
Magnetic field generator
Magnetic field - exposure of tissues to a constant or alternating magnetic field (continuous or pulsed radiation), generated by a special device. In our country, this technique is officially recognized, in the United States and some other countries - it is not.
The mechanism is believed to be the effect of the magnetic field: electric currents are generated in the tissues, which change the direction of biological fluid molecules and the rate of biochemical reactions.Affects the prostate:
- Reduce swelling and pain;
- Improve blood circulation;
- Accelerates the healing of inflammatory lesions.
Exposure time depends on the device's power source and the patient's condition. There is no discomfort during the procedure.
Vibration stimulates the prostate is one of the types of massage effects to activate blood flow, stimulate the emptying of the drainage ducts. There are many types of devices, their essence is the same:a hose is inserted into the anus, when the button is pressed, it starts to vibrate. . . Vibration stimulation is a good way to support prostate healthin the absence of regular sex. . .
The procedure takes an average of 5 minutes.Feeling pretty goodSome men have orgasms. After the procedure, prostate fluid may be released from the urethra (when stagnant, it comes out as a jelly-like clot). Contraindications are acute inflammation of the prostate gland, the presence of any tumor in its body.
Physiotherapy devices generate ultrasonic waves with a frequency of 800 to 3000 kHz, causing the particles to vibrate (microscopic cells). Impact is made in either constant or pulsed mode.Effect of ultrasound on prostate tissue:
- Improves the condition of the cell walls, increases vascular permeability (therefore, in case of acute inflammation of the prostate gland with the formation of fluid collections, the procedure is not performed).
- Stimulates biochemical (fermentation, oxidation) and respiratory processes of tissues.
- An increase in the number of nucleic acids, performing a large number of functions necessary for the support of cell survival.
- Eliminates spasms, reduces urination.
- Prevents scarring in the body of the prostate gland (ultrasonic waves break collagen into individual fibers).
- Block pain impulses.
- Increases the activity of cellular defense mechanisms.
With prostatitisUltrasound is used as a drug carrier(hydrocortisone, antibiotic)to the tissues of the prostate- Vagina, rectum and urethra. For the procedure, the patient must be in a knee-elbow position. You must first wash the rectum with a rubber bulb. The rectal tube is inserted to a depth of 8-10 cm. The drug in the form of an emulsion is passed directly through it. With the transurethral recording method, the treatment solution is put into the transmitter which is inserted into the urethra. Nozzles are pre-lubricated with contactor. The procedure takes place in 15-20 minutes. With prostatitis, 6 to 8 sessions are done every other day.
Ultrasound exposure is recommended for scar tissue changes, parenchymal prostatitis (with purulent discharge). Optimal results are achieved when exposed to waves with power 0, 3-0, 4 W/cm2 in pulse mode. The increase in power can lead to urinary disorders, exacerbation of chronic prostatitis.
A laser is a device for creating a focused beam of light. The light photons penetrate the skin into the prostate tissue and are delivered via the bloodstream. In fact, the effect is similar to the blue light treatment, but the infrared radiation has high penetrating power and has no warming effect.Under the action of the beam in the tissues of the prostate, blood circulation is activated, reducing swelling and pain.. . .
Irradiation is carried out by contact or non-contact method. Types of emitters: rectal, transdermal and acupuncture (points can be seen on the chest, forehead, lower back, sacrum). The endorectal procedure takes up to two minutes. The course will require about 10 exposures. In most patients, the pain in the prostate goes away after the second time.. . .
Despite all the advantages of hardware prostatitis treatments, they are not always allowed. The following factors are contraindicated:
- Severe prostatitis. For example, with the purulent form, pus drains from the urogenital opening, bringing with it the risk of infection of other internal organs. With this and other severe forms of the disease, urgent therapy, based on antibiotics and other serious drugs, is required. The use of devices in this case can only be a supplement to the main drug treatment.
- At the same time hemorrhoids or other diseases associated with a fissure of the anus. In this case, exposure to ultrasound or vibration will only aggravate the situation, increase the inflammatory process and cause further irritation. It is strictly forbidden to treat external hemorrhoids with hardware when the hemorrhoids prolapse.
- Tumor of the anorectal region. No matter where they are indigenous and whatever their characteristics, with the appearance of any tumor, seal and other shape, it is necessary to recognize them first, and then engage in treatment. As a rule, most tumors need to be treated more seriously than using just one device.
If taking the medication for several weeks doesn't work, this is a sign that the therapy needs to be replaced with another.
Popular household appliances
Portable home devices for the treatment of prostatitis are often less functional than professional devices, but they are quite suitable for maintenance and preventive treatment.. . . You can buy them in pharmacies or on the manufacturer's website.
It should be noted that the use of household appliances means that they are regularly cleaned and maintained. Rectal probes should be washed with soap and disinfected with chlorhexidine solution. Should put on a condom before use.
Home remedies for prostatitis
Various hardware techniques are used to relieve chronic inflammatory responses in the small pelvis. It is important to choose the most effective one. All medical devices are classified by indication, cost, or principle of operation.
Professional physical therapy devices often have a combined effect.
Before purchasing a device for the treatment of prostatitis or a device for the treatment of prostatitis, it is necessary to clarify all the details of the therapy and exclude contraindications. Only a specialist can accurately assess the situation and predict the outcome of therapeutic action.
This group of devices is considered the most effective. Positive treatment results are observed in 80% of cases. The electric pulse strengthens the passive peristalsis of the lymphatic capillaries, activates the work of the prostate gland.
Prostate tumors should not be treated with electrical impulses.
Electrical stimulation is prescribed for the following diseases and complaints:
- pain in the genital area;
- premature ejaculation;
- prostatitis of infectious and non-infectious origin;
- as a preventive measure.
Thanks to electrical stimulation, the rate of atrophic and sclerotic changes in the tissues is noted to be reduced.
Male genital dysfunction is often observed in patients who lead an irregular lifestyle, do not have regular sex.
Prostatectomy device mechanically stimulates the muscle fibers (muscle cells) of the gland, restores their tone, reduces signs of irritation in the urethra by improving drainage.
Some devices combine the effects of micro-vibration, infrared radiation, and magnetic fields. In the process, a double effect is achieved. The cost of vibrating devices is relatively small, so they are very popular in our country.
Magnetic fields have beneficial effects on the functioning of living organisms. In innovative devices, resonant frequency oscillations are used. When the frequency of the magnetic field changes, tissue heating is observed.
To eliminate signs of prostate cancer, doctors often order temperature measurement. This method is also effective in eliminating signs of chronic prostatitis.
Perhaps this is the best device for home prostate treatment. Feedback from patients and doctors confirm this. The principle of operation of the device is based on the method of microwave heat therapy. Low-frequency waves have a beneficial effect on the activity of neurons and somatic cells.
Experts especially recommend installing the applicator on the biologically active points responsible for the functioning of the male genitalia.
Physioapparatus is commonly used to normalize prostate function. Topical medication is delivered through the rectum to the site of the prostate gland. Laser radiation activates tissue regeneration, provides analgesia, enhances respiration and cellular immunity.
Professional devices are much more powerful than home appliances. But household appliances can also be used for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes.
It is strictly forbidden to use the honey device for transrectal prostatitis in the presence of acute prostatitis, as well as in pathologies associated with destructive processes. When treated with the Milt machine, there are no consequences such as pain, complications, edema and recurrence.
The possibility of curing prostatitis at home must be discussed with your doctor. Some of these diseases require only inpatient treatment.
Usually they use folk remedies to help relieve pain and increase the body's immunity. But the therapy will be most effective when combined with traditional treatment.
Treatment of prostatitis outside the clinic is allowed to be carried out only with an uncomplicated acute course and recurrent chronic disease. The urologist will prescribe medication and recommend home remedies.
During the recovery process, a correct diet, enough physical activity, work and rest regimes play an important role. Only comprehensive treatment can help quickly recover from the disease. A healthy lifestyle is of great importance for a man to prevent further recurrence of the disease.
For home therapy, drugs are used. At the same time with it, you can independently use other methods.
- heat up;
- do exercise.
Several different treatments are commonly prescribed. Their combined use will allow you to quickly cope with the problem, reducing the risk of complications. It also helps to eliminate unpleasant symptoms and relieves the condition.
Reviews can assess the effectiveness of treatment, the simplicity and safety of operating the device. Before choosing a device, patients must consult a doctor, read recommendations on the Internet.
It is necessary to find out the opinions of patients who have used physical therapy devices at home to definitively treat the process of prostatitis, adenoma. It is also important to obtain the recommendation of the doctors who have used them in their practice, which is a prerequisite before using them.
For the physiotherapy room
On an outpatient basis, physiotherapeutic effects on the prostate are performed using professional multifunction devices. They are several orders of magnitude more expensive than home prices, but the results are noticeable after some procedures.