Male urological diseases such as prostatitis and prostatitis are characterized by a marked effect on a man's quality of life. Violation of urination, pain syndrome, decreased sexual activity, infertility and many other problems are reasons to contact specialists. The variety of drugs produced for prostate cancer allows you to avoid surgical interventions, complications and other unpleasant changes in a man's life.
Medicines to treat prostate cancer
The appointment of the drug is made individually, depending on the nature of the disease process and is determined by a set of criteria:
- The prevalence of a certain type of symptom:
- discomfort (frequent urination, incontinence, nocturia, strong urge to urinate, incontinence);
- obstruction (dysuria, weak faucet pressure, drip).
- With/without complications.
- Diagnostic data:
- Ultrasound (size);
- characteristics of the urine stream, the presence of residual urine.
- With/without comorbidities.
- Presence of infectious complications.
- Damage to the bladder and kidneys.
- Relevancy of sexual activity for men.
- rectal suppositories;
- instillation (introduction of substances into the urethra);
- moderate and severe symptoms of the disease;
- predominance of symptoms of severe irritation;
- the volume of the enlarged organ is not more than 55 cm³ (the drug does not contribute to a reduction in size).
- eliminates symptoms after 48 hours from the time of application;
- does not reduce the concentration of prostate-specific antigens in the blood (does not mask prostate cancer);
- improve fat metabolism (lower cholesterol);
- increased sensitivity of receptors to insulin (prevention of diabetes);
- moderate and severe symptoms of the disease;
- predominance of severe obstructive symptoms;
- the volume of the enlarged organ is more than 55 cm³;
- decreased libido, impaired erection;
- decreased levels of prostate-specific antigens in the blood mask the early detection of prostate cancer;
- mild symptoms of the disease;
- slight increase in the size of the tumor;
- the patient's desire to maintain adequate sexual activity during treatment.
- African plum (Pygeum africanum) bark extract. The active ingredient is lipidosterol, which has pronounced anti-inflammatory properties, prevents uncontrolled cell growth, reduces the excitability of the bladder and urethral muscle layer, thereby eliminating the symptoms of irritationand also slightly reduce the amount of education.
- Hypoxis rooperi plant extract is a combination of phytosterols and their glycosides. The substance suppresses the inflammatory process, normalizes the tone of the vessels of the genital organs and eliminates dyspeptic phenomena. This substance normalizes fat metabolism in the body.
- Pumpkin seed oil (Cucurbita pepo) has anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferative, metabolic properties, and stimulates the immune system, improves urination, and relieves pain.
- Nettle root (Urtica dioica). Reduces the inflammatory process, digestive disorders, does not affect the size of the tumor;
- extracts of some tropical plants.
Medicines for prostate cancer can be administered in a variety of ways:
The point of application of drugs is a definite link in the pathogenesis of the disease, based on this they are combined into groups.
This group is leading the way in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
In the gland affected by the tumor, the urethra, and the bladder, the number of alpha-adrenoceptors increases, and the progression of the disease contributes to their overstimulation, which leads to spasm of the smooth muscles of the organs, which regulatesThis explains the occurrence of irritating symptoms. The principle of action of the drug is to bind the active substance to the α₁-adrenergic receptors of the sex organs and block them.
Several subtypes of alpha-1-adrenergic receptors are known, which are located not only in the sex organs but also in the walls of major human arteries. If a drug from this class does not bind selectively to the receptor but binds to all subtypes of the adrenergic receptor, this will lead to a number of adverse effects on the heart and blood vessels. There are a number of alpha blockers that bind selectively to α₁-adrenergic receptors.
Drugs to treat prostate cancer with active ingredients are tamsulosin, terazosin, doxazosin, which is considered the number 1 drug among alpha blockers in the treatment of BPH.
These substances selectively and permanently block adrenergic receptors.
Reasons for choosing an alpha blocker:
The visible effect of the application occurs after a few weeks from the start of use and reaches a maximum after 3-6 months.
Side effects: orthostatic hypotension, tachycardia, dry mouth, nausea, abdominal pain, headache, weakness, impotence, reflux of sperm into the bladder during ejaculation, impaired vision, etc. Adverse effects develop in about 15% of patients.
The drug lowers blood pressure, so the initial dose in the treatment of drugs from this group of prostatitis is minimal.
Release form: tablets and capsules.
5-alpha reductase inhibitors
The development of BPH is based on age-related hormonal changes related to testosterone metabolism. In the cells of the organ, testosterone, with the help of the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase, is converted to the dihydroteststerone form, which, by binding to a specific receptor, forms a complex that activates division and proliferationrapid growth of glandular cells. . The result is prostate hyperplasia. The organ increases in size and causes symptoms of obstruction.
A 5-alpha reductase inhibitor-based drug for prostate cancer disables the enzyme's activity, thereby halting tumor progression, reducing its size, and restoring the ability to urinate freely.
In the practice of treating diseases with 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors, drugs based on Finasteride and dutasteride, steroid hormones, are used. The advantage of these agents is considered to be only their selective effect on the dihydrotestosterone metabolite. Unlike other hormonal agents, they do not bind to sex hormone receptors and, therefore, do not cause hormone-dependent side effects (significant sexual dysfunction, growthmale breast, soft bone tissue, muscle atrophy).
Reasons for choosing a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor:
Relief of obstructive symptoms occurs after several weeks, on average after 4-6 months. After 3-4 years of use, the volume of the hyperplastic organ gradually decreases by 25%. At the beginning of treatment, the larger the tumor, the faster it shrinks.
Release form: tablets.
The effectiveness of plants in the treatment of diseases is due to phytosterols, the main advantages of which are recognized as the combined mechanism of action and the minimization of side effects.
Reasons to treat prostate cancer with male remedies:
Climbing Palm Extract (Serenoa Repeat)
The largest number of randomized clinical trials have been performed on this plant, whereby reliable data on its effectiveness have been obtained.
Male medicine for prostate cancer contains lipidosterol. Their mechanism of action is to inhibit testosterone metabolism by inhibiting 5-alpha reductase activity and blocking the binding of dihydrotestosterone to receptors. Due to the anti-inflammatory effect, edema is reduced, the vascular wall is restored and blood flow returns to normal.
The multifaceted impact on the pathological process ensures the elimination of unpleasant symptoms and blockages. An important advantage of using hemp extract is the absence of hormone-dependent side effects, allowing you to use this remedy without restrictions if you want to have a fulfilling sex life. With prolonged use, the volume of the tumor decreases. Hemp palm extract did not affect the level of prostate-specific antigen in the blood.
Prostate tumor treatment drug derived from the plant Serenoa repeatns is considered the number 1 drug in male medicine. With mild symptoms and small tumor size, monotherapy is carried out with a drug based on prickly pear.
Release form: tablets and capsules.
Other Herbal Remedies
Among the medicinal plants that have a positive effect on the disease are:
Combination therapy - a modern approach
The leading place in the treatment of hyperplasia is occupied by 3 groups of drugs:
- Alpha blockers.
- 5-alpha reductase inhibitors.
- Plant products.
- With severe symptoms of the disease and significant tumor growth, a combination of alpha-blockers and 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors should be used. Alpha-blockers begin to work after a few hours or days, and the clinical effects of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors appear after several months. The negative side of combination therapy is the full range of possible side effects from both classes of drugs. Tadalafil-based prostate cancer is a ready-made combination remedy. It also has a therapeutic effect in erectile dysfunction, so it is prescribed to treat hyperplasia only in sexually active men with healthy hearts and blood vessels. Available in tablets;
- provoking symptoms and a tendency to tumor growth: alpha-adrenoblocker + phytopreparation;
- Obstructive symptoms and large tumor size: 5-alpha reductase inhibitor + phytopreparation.
Medicines of animal origin
During the treatment, the drug-extracted from dried animal organs has proven successful. Prostatitis drug based on extracts from the prostate gland of young bulls until puberty has a complex effect: anti-inflammatory, decongestant, analgesic, normalizes blood flow.
With infectious complications, the means used to treat prostatitis are used.
Drugs for the treatment of prostatitis are complex. Main fund groups:
These substances have the ability to penetrate the tissue of the damaged organ and destroy the bacteria - the cause of prostatitis. They are used in the form of tablets and injections.
- hormone injections;
- non-steroidal drugs.
- Drugs of animal origin (similar to the treatment of hyperplasia).
- Phytoprepices (similar to the treatment of hyperplasia).
For the treatment of prostate tumor and prostatitis, the Chinese patch has now become popular - a concentrated drug of 7 medicinal herbs, however, clinical studies in this area have not been conducted yet. be done.