In the case of a prostate disease, the patient was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis. Many men do, but not always, on time. The result can be fatal - complications of the reproductive system, leading to infertility. It's important to start treatment on time, get rid of the unpleasant symptoms and regain your previous lifestyle.
What is chronic prostatitis
In medical terms, chronic prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland. It is characterized by a long and persistent process, in some cases it can progress without obvious clinical signs, in an asymptomatic manner. 30% of men 20-50 years old have a dangerous disease, but not all go to the urologist to treat them on time because they are afraid or do not understand the consequences.
Symptoms of chronic prostatitis
Doctors identify the following chronic prostatitis symptoms as characteristic of the disease:
- pain in the lower abdomen, perineum, scrotum, spreading to the sacrum or rectum;
- discomfort during sex;
- problems with urination, changes in fluid volume, color;
- sexual dysfunction;
- ejaculation problem.
Chronic prostatitis symptoms develop over several years without much concern to the patient. If you don't pay attention to symptoms for a long time, complications can occur:
- cystitis, pyelonephritis;
- inflammation of the seminal vesicles (vesiculitis), epididymitis (testicular inflammation, epididymis);
- prostate tumor syndrome, cancer;
- prostatic sclerosis, urinary disorders;
- erection problems, decreased libido;
- prostate abscess - focal purulent inflammation.
Causes of chronic prostatitis
There are two groups of causes of chronic prostatitis, divided into infectious (bacterial, viral and fungal) processes and stasis (congestion). The second group involves stagnation of the secretion of the prostate gland and blood in the veins. Disease occurs for the following reasons:
- unusual sex life;
- works sedentary for long periods of time;
- works sedentary;
- genital pressed tight underwear;
- alcohol abuse;
- drops your body temperature frequently.
Factors in the development of chronic prostatitis are the following symptoms, impacting with the above reasons:
- As a result,
- reduced immunity - poor health;
- hormonal imbalance;
- chronic infection; allergy
- deficiency of vitamins and trace elements;
- nerve overload; Smoking
Classification of chronic prostatitis
The following classifications of chronic prostatitis are accepted by medical professionals:
- infectious (bacteria)- caused by bacteria, fungi, viruses;
- is not contagious (bacteria)- for other reasons.
Diagnosis of chronic prostatitis
If the patient has at least one symptom, a diagnosis of chronic prostatitis by a urologist or male is necessary. After receiving the complaint, the doctor conducts an initial examination: an ultrasound of the pelvic organs and the prostate gland, doing tests for infection and conducting a rectal examination of the prostate gland. The last point is painless, but annoying for many men. You should not deny it - the doctor, when probing, determines the causes of the disease and receives a bile sample.
Chronic prostatitis detected after a test, culturing bacteria in prostate secretions to determine its sensitivity to antibiotics. Then, necessary complex treatment is prescribed, this depends on the severity of the disease. If necessary, the doctor:
- received urine for leukocyte analysis;
- performed transrectal ultrasound, computerized bladder examination;
- biopsy of prostate tissue;
- performs an X-ray diagnosis.
Treatment of chronic prostatitis
After the examination, clearly identifying the cause and ignoring the infection, the treatment of chronic prostatitis will be indicated. This includes the implementation:
- Antimicrobial therapy - the infection that causes prostatitis is destroyed.
- General enhancement therapy - restores immunity, necessary to prevent relapses.
- Local therapy is pelvic and prostatic massage, electrophoresis, laser therapy, electrophoresis, inductance.
Treatment of exacerbations of chronic prostatitis includes the same principles, but includes the addition:
- Commonly used herbal remedies in the complex treatment of inflammatory prostate disease.
- Bath and cure with bacteria.
- Diet if indicated.
- Prostate massage - improves blood circulation, increases muscle tone, speeds up the absorption of antibiotics. The method is performed by the doctor every two days with a full bladder, because during the process of stroking and pressing on the prostate gland, inflammatory secretions are pressed into the ducts and urethra (urethra), expelled according to theurine line. This process is done with little pain.
How to treat chronic prostatitis in men with drugs
Doctors recommend treating chronic prostatitis in men with drugs, using a drug complex:
- Antibiotics- to eliminate the inflammatory focus, when they are used, the patient's condition improves.
- Alpha-blockers- relaxes smooth muscles, improves urinary excretion, reduces spasm.
- Hormones- reduces inflammation, stimulates erectile function. Glucocorticosteroids are used, administered by electrophoresis. The drug promotes the rapid healing of prostate tissue.
- Muscle relaxants - muscle relaxants.Anesthetize, reduce penis smooth muscle tone, speed up blood circulation in problem areas, stimulate prostate gland to release secretions.
- Immune enhancement preparations- necessary to stimulate the protective properties of the body, enhance the functioning of organs and general condition. Prescribing functional foods, vitamins, trace elements.
- Rectal suppositories- become an alternative to oral medications, as they reduce damage to the liver and kidneys. Application of the fund with antibiotics, antispasmodics, natural ingredients (propolis). Suppositories relieve pain, swelling, inflammation, have a beneficial effect on the condition of the prostate gland.
Antibiotics for chronic prostatitis
If the disease is caused by an infection, antibiotics are prescribed for chronic prostatitis. Their use can reduce the concentration of inflammation, eliminate pathogens. You cannot use antibacterial agents for congestive prostatitis - which is very dangerous. Common antibiotics used include:
- fluoroquinolones - rapidly penetrates the prostate gland, inhibits bacterial activity, reduces exacerbations;
Surgical treatment for chronic prostatitis
In severe or old age cases, surgery is recommended for the treatment of chronic prostatitis. It includes removal of part or all of the prostate gland:
- urethral resection- a common surgical procedure that cuts urinary tubes and prostate glands up to 80 ml;
- piercing incision- prostate dissection, no tissue removal;
- open prostatectomy- resection, performed with a large volume of the prostate gland.
Diet for chronic prostatitis
In order not to have complications and a quicker and more effective treatment of the disease, a diet for the treatment of chronic prostatitis will be prescribed. Its basic rules:
- quit smoking, strong alcoholic beverages - you can only drink alcohol (no more than one glass) during remission, 100 g of vodka or half a liter of beer;
- no fatty meats, smoked, fried or eaten foods;
- includes parsley, mustard, parsley, horseradish, onion, garlic in the diet;
- menu should contain products containing zinc - fish, squid, clams, mussels, pumpkin seeds;
- removes legumes, meat soups, mushrooms, and carbonated beverages from the diet;
- is forbidden - strong tea, coffee, salty, spicy, offal, sorrel;
- you must not eat caviar or baked goods during the treatment period;
- should include beets, carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, kefir, fermented baked milk, small cheese in the diet;
- is indicated to eat dried fruits, honey, cereals, and vegetable oils at dinner
Treatment of chronic prostatitis with folk remedies
In addition to drug treatment, there are also methods of treating chronic prostatitis with folk remedies. They will help reduce swelling, inflammation and improve immunity. Is it possible to completely cure the prostate gland with just their help? No, a complicated effect will be needed, but traditional medicine can alleviate the patient's condition. Here are some helpful formulas:
- eat 30 pumpkin seeds daily before meals or seed pellets with honey;
- bathing witch hazel branches and leaves;
- reception of fern bark wine;
- tea chestnuts, differentiated from their broths;
- drank the tincture of cymbidium and hydrangeas (poisonous herbs) drop by drop;
- drink parsley juice three times a day or sharp juice from its seeds;
- candles made of propolis and cocoa butter - are no worse than buying candles.
Prevention of chronic prostatitis
In order not to make prostatitis incurable, patients use methods to prevent chronic prostatitis. Health should be taken seriously. To do this, use the following guidelines:
- every six months undergo examination by a urologist;
- give up tight underwear, preferring loose cotton underwear that does not put pressure on the genitals;
- avoids hypothermia;
- participates in physical activity;
- has a normal sex life;
- does not protect yourself by interrupting sex, not artificially prolonging the process;
- include pumpkin seeds, parsley, and cruciferous vegetables in your diet;
- quit smoking and drinking.